Evan Donovan - Technical Qualifications & Biography
Evan Donovan has worked for TechMission headquarters since 2007. He started developing using the PHP-based Drupal CMS in 2008, when TechMission's only Drupal-based site was UrbanMinistry.org.Since then he has been involved in the development and maintenance of over a dozen Drupal sites, and has also worked on other development as detailed below.
Drupal Sites Developed / Worked On (partial list):
- Dwell magazine's Dwell.com (for PINGV)
- AAAS's Science and Diplomacy site - www.sciencediplomacy.org (for PINGV)
- Salesforce integration for DynamicCatholic.org (as freelance)
- Various other sites as freelance and for Above the Fold Design
Broad Areas of Expertise:
- Drupal site building
- Drupal module development
- Integrations between Drupal and other systems, such as Salesforce and Infusionsoft
- Moodle site maintenance
- CiviCRM maintenance
- Custom PHP development
- Basic Web graphic design (Photoshop, etc.) and theming (including CSS)
Drupal Community Contributions:
- Ubercart/Salesforce Integration module (rebuilt for compatibility with newer version of Salesforce Suite, currently maintain)
- Salesforce Webform Compatibility Upgrade module
- Salesforce Suite module (patches to 6.x; initial, now superseded, port to 7.x)
- See others here.
Aside from his work with Drupal, Evan has worked since 2011 on custom Salesforce development, including both the declarative interface (clicks not code) and the Apex/Visualforce layer. This Salesforce development has included 3 integrations between Drupal and Salesforce, 1 integration between Moodle and Salesforce, and 1 integration between InfusionSoft and Salesforce. All of these were for higher education institutions. It has also included the development of a custom timesheet tracking system in Salesforce, which required extensive work with Apex/Visualforce and the customer portal. Finally, it included the development of several iterations of a student management system in Salesforce, which tracks student contact information, transcripts, course purchases, grades, and financial aid.